The International Sustainable Tourism Initiative (ISTI) at Harvard's Chan School of Public Health announces a panel on Sustainable Local Sourcing of Food by the Hotel Industry.
Megan Epler Wood, Director of ISTI at the Center for Health and the Global Environment will moderate a discussion at the SHINE Summit on Harvard campus, June 15-17, Knafel Center, Radcliffe Campus, Cambridge, MA. The SHINE Summit brings together industry leaders to set a bold vision for positive economic, societal, and environmental impact. Registration is open
On June 17 there will be two sessions on Sustainable Hotels.
- A Keynote Address
- Nakul Anand, Executive Director, ITC Ltd.
- ITC Hotels, India's largest hotel company has set out to transform Indian society through business innovation that is translated to the guest experience. The NetPositive policies in building construction, landscape management, energy, waste and food procurement makes ITC a leading model for generating economic and social value in India.
- A Panel Discussion on procuring healthier local food products and the research presently available on how to drive demonstrable net positive benefits for the environment and local well-being.
- Katelin Kennedy, Senior Manager, Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility, Hilton Worldwide
- Amber Marie Beard, Vice President Sustainability, Six Senses